Sunday, February 6, 2011

FR - An Entei of my very own

 
Stop the presses and break out the history books, 'cause pigs are gonna fly, beggars are gonna ride, and hell's about to freeze over....I finally, FINALLY caught Entei.  Ladies and gentlemen, behold, the Volcano Pokemon in all his fiery glory!

And it only took, what, two years...?  >_<

But still!  persistence pays off!  Gen III Entei is miiiine.   I spelled his name wrong -- Eihwaz (strength) instead of Ehwaz (movement) -- so I'll have to visit the Name Rater, but eh, details.

After innumerable tries using the Repel method, all it took was a few trips out to Rt. 7 to train a Corphish I'd traded over from the second Emerald game ('cause they only learn Crunch in FR/LG).  Go figure.  Maybe Ash's Pikachu from TRU brought me luck.  Or those shiny Suicune we picked up from Gamestop.  Either way, the long quest is finally over.

So that finally wraps up my FR game.  I'll probably go in after Mewtwo -- and I used the Master Ball for Entei so that won't be exactly fun -- but I can start transferring the random catches up to Pearl for import to the Ranch.  Then I can clean out FR and sell it back (or maybe start a Nuzlocke run?)

And then I can go finish my Hoenn 'Dex...but that's another post.

(artwork found at Bulbapedia...by the way, did you know that the legendary beast trio are based on foo dogs?  who knew!)

No comments:

Post a Comment