Thursday, December 30, 2010

Emerald II - Legendary round-up and the EV grind

It's been a while since the last post -- not sure I can remember what order things went in.

Anyway, I've done the rounds and collected the legendaries.  Kyogre and Groudon weren't too bad, the Regis broke out of a slew of Ultra Balls as usual, and once spotted, Latias was a pain to both track and catch.  There was yelling and complaining.  Still, like I shouted at the game numerous times, it was gonna happen, and now they're all safely tucked away in the Specials box on the PC.

The Latias I named Skye, and she will be the companion to the original Emerald game's Latios, Cloud.  Not sure if I'll name the others, except Rayquaza (his name is Serpentine, and he's my Fly/Surf slave).  I've noticed that folks trading for legendaries don't always like them to come with nicknames.

During all that, I had to trade over Hugh and Sockeye from the original Emerald to unlock the Regis, since I hadn't caught a Relicanth and didn't feel like raising another Wailord.  So I took a look at what Pokemon I still needed to raise, and traded some of their first forms between games so that they'd earn Exp faster.

Being me, I've been stupid enough to go for EV training on some of them.  So Portabella finally got raised up to a Breloom with Spore (and I'm in the midst of training her mate Foolscap), and got her Effort Ribbon.  I've also raised a Skitty and used my only Moon Stone in that game to evolve him to a Delcatty;  when I trade him back I'll name him Dandy (he's got Attract, Assist, Faint Attack, and Heal Bell).

I'm currently working on Foolscap (Portabella's future mate), Igloo (a Snover), a Cacnea that I'll probably name Prickle, and a Grumpig whose name I haven't come up with yet.  After that, I have a Numel to raise, and those dang fossils.  Plus I've got two more fossils that I have to restore.  Gotta go get the second one from the Desert Underpass.

I also need a Masquerain, but Surskit can't be caught in Emerald.  Which leaves me the choice of catching one in Sapphire and trading it over to raise, or maybe breeding one that could have one of my Emerald trainer IDs.  I should look up Surskit's egg moves.

Another thing I've done is to go pawing through the Abandoned Ship in both Emerald games and fetch the Scanner for Capt. Stern.  That gave me the Deepseatooth in one game and the Deepseascale in the other, which are attached to lvl 25 male and female Clamperl respectively, all ready for trading back and forth for 'Dex credit for Huntail and Gorebyss.

With all of that done, that should finally see my original Emerald 'Dex completed.  The second game will take a bit longer, since there's some first and intermediate forms I don't have on hand, and will have to catch, trade, or raise.

Still.  Very close now!

No comments:

Post a Comment