Friday, October 22, 2010

Emerald II: Lolling around Lilycove

Spent most of this week watching season one of BSG rather than playing Pokemon, so, not much progress.  Also fending off some zombies.  Yep.

But I did take a couple turns around the Safari Zone, and caught a few more things.  Plus, won Normal Rank Ribbons for a few of the team -- Smart for Sybil, Cool for Samson, and Beauty for Tabasco (despite his mixed Cool/Beauty moveset, he seems destined to be pretty).

That, of course, led to blending Pokeblocks, which in turn led to growing Berries.  Turns out that using the higher-numbered Berries will get you Level 23/Feel 19 Pokeblocks, even as much as I suck at blending.  That's about the same level as the Dept.Store Poffins in Platinum, so it's enough to max a given condition.  Sure, they take longer to grow (with the curious exception of Hondew) but what the hey.  Hopefully I can harvest before tomorrow's hectic day...maybe I'll go down to the Berry Master's plot on Sunday and replant the Berries I get from today.

In any case, I'd like to get at least Great and maybe Hyper/Ultra Rank for each of them before moving on to Mt. Pyre and getting the story moving again.  Might as well do it now;  I've noticed that the end-state battle movesets are rarely good for contests.

No comments:

Post a Comment