Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Emerald II Dawdling and FR Impatience

On the Emerald side of things, I did climb Mt. Pyre to witness Team Aqua making off with the Red Orb, but mostly spent a weekend growing Berries, making Pokeblocks, and attempting Contests.   Turns out that blending at the different tables changes the flavor of the resulting Pokeblock, moreso than the level or feel.  So Sybil's up to Hyper Rank in Smart, and Samson and Tabasco are up to Great Rank in Cool and Beauty respectively. 

The next task will be to see what Team Magma's up to at Mt. Chimney, and to watch them awaken poor grumpy Groudon.  Then it'll be back to Lilycove to start out on the sea routes, and if I haven't caught a Duskull to train already, I'll want to do that.  Also, as soon as I get to Mossdeep I'll want to Surf north to Shoal Cave to get my Spheal.

----------
In a sudden fit of impatience, I decided to ditch Entei-hunting for a bit in FireRed, and catch the other legendaries and do the round of the Sevii Islands instead.   The birds were much more of a bitch to catch this time;  for Articuno I had to restart I don't know HOW many times after spending all 25 Ultra Balls.  Zapdos and Moltres were recalcitrant as well.

Finally, though, I managed to catch all three, and then set about fetching gemstones for Celio.  The many trainers about the islands served to level the team up to around lvl 57-58, with Irving much higher at lvl 66 -- his attack set isn't good for long slogs like that so I'd handed him Exp Share.  So that gives me trading capability with the Hoenn region games.

The only thing left to do is to go after Mewtwo, and attempt to net him with an Ultra Ball.  Once that's done, there'll be no excuses left to put off resuming the hunt for Entei...  *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment