Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Emerald II - Ready for Victory Road?

Team Aqua is dealt with, the Sootopolis Gym is down, and Rayquaza is caught.   The team's levels were high enough that the Gym wasn't too much of a problem.  Sky Pillar was still frustrating, but not as impossibly so as it was the first time, and this game's Rayquaza wasn't nearly as hard to catch.

Which means....it's time to head for Victory Road and the Elite Four.

The problem with that is, the Hoenn Elite Four are a serious challenge.  In my original Emerald game, it wasn't until my team was lvl 65-70 that I was able to get a truly decisive win.

The team in this game is only at lvl 50 (except for Joelle who I have to catch up from lvl 45).  The trainers and encounters in Victory Road will help some -- at least for the four team Pokemon I can take along with the HM slaves -- but that'd still only get them to around lvl 55.  Maybe.  If I'm lucky.

But I do have enough badges to win the obedience of any level of Pokemon.  Like, say...my lvl 70+ original team. 

So the question becomes:  do I trade in my team from the original Emerald, and use them to blast through this game's Elite Four?  Or do I slog back into Victory Road as many times as it takes to raise this game's team to at least lvl 60?

The first option would be the sanest...but then I'd feel like I've gotten my team all this way just to deny them the ultimate victory.  Knowing me, I'll probably end up raising them to lvl 55 and trying it anyway.

I dunno.  The whole thing will likely have to wait until I'm done fooling around with trying to handspin plarn.   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment