Monday, December 13, 2010

Emerald II - E4 Prep

Most of the past few weeks has gone much more to spinning plarn and crocheting than to Pokemon.  Maybe it's the mid-winter darkness, maybe it's the allergies, maybe I over-did my last Poke-binge;  but I've just been too brain-dead to play much.

Nevertheless, the full team's up to lvl 55, via more expeditions into Victory Road than I care to count.  I might try to get them up another level or two, and will probably end up feeding them that last round of Rare Candies to save time.  The Champion's highest-levelled Pokemon is at lv 58, so I'll want to get as close to that as I can stand to.

I wish I could get more rematches, both for the XP and for the cash to buy all those Full Restores and Revives I'll need, but Match Call doesn't seem to like me.  I miss the Vs. Seeker.  It's occurred to me that levelling would go faster if I traded the team to another game, but general stubbornness has kept me from doing that so far.

Before I go for it, I'll want to fix Tabasco's moveset.  Poor thing got stuck with Rock Smash so I didn't have to drag along two HM slaves every trip.  I'll want to keep Blaze Kick and leave a slot for Sky Uppercut;  then teach either Brick Break (via TM) or Seismic Toss (which would require a trade to FR).  According to Serebii, Blaziken can in fact learn Dig as well, so I may do that.  Aerial Ace would be another choice.

And then it'll be time to save, and see how it goes.  I'll be very surprised if I win on the first try without totally relying on potions and revives and such -- and if I lose, I'll have to see whether I've the patience to keep trying with this team.

No comments:

Post a Comment